Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gamping Here We Come!

Fall has come and camping season has come along with it, but as a member of Gamma Chi Delta, I call this Gamping (Gammas + Camping... get it?). Gamping is an annual tradition in my sorority and for some is the highlight of their social year. Although I have not yet had the honor to go gamping (because I was not a member of the club in Fall 2008), I have heard nothing but amazing things and crazy stories about the event. One must keep in mind, of course, that this is not real camping. Instead of tents, we stay in cabins; instead of sleeping bags, we have beds; and there will definitely be bathrooms! Nonetheless, gamping is a way for all the members of Gamma Chi Delta – and each of the dates they choose to bring – to get out into the wilderness, stand around the firepit, and have a good time.

The event is in three days, and I could not be more excited! I am already started to pack my cold weather clothing (which, being from Arizona, I have very little of), buy snacks and s’more ingrediants of course, and plan with my friends all that we will be doing. The theme for the weekend is based upon the book, and more recently the movie, “Where the Wild Things Are”. Our properties chair, Alissa, designed shirts, dresses, water bottles, and even cute underwear with a custom “Where the Wild Things Are/Gamping” logo. I couldn’t help but buy one of each item; they are all awesome.

I can’t wait for Friday to come so I can gamping can begin! Hopefully, the weekend will live up to all the stories that I have heard about previous years. If only the week could go by slightly faster… I am ready to get wild in the wilderness with all my Gammas!





This is the logo that is on all the the Gamping merchandise!

I can't wait to wear mine!

1 comment: